Friday, August 1, 2008

18 till I die?

I could play in the sands
I was not looked down upon when I ate with no spoon just hands
I could play in the hot sun
I was the same age as my neighbors’ son
I could go to school without polishing my shoes and get wacked
I had a truckload of stamps in my cupboard neatly stacked
I could play a tree on a school day and get applause
I was all muddy and dirty but still was not called gross
I could sit on any park bench without blowing away the dust
I was punished by my teacher for coping in test and breaking her trust
I could get wet in the rain and have a wet cloth on my forehead the next day
I had to rush home from school and go to lousy tuitions everyday
I could watch cartoon network and pogo
I had great friends who also did the same and didn't think I was a freako

And then something happened and things changed,

I only see sands when I go to the beaches
I fumble with the spoons and spill, people around give weird looks and say Jesus!
I get tanned in the sun so I apply sunscreen and stay indoor!
I look at the neighboring kid play in the mud through my grilled door
I have to polish my shoes and be presentable or get sacked
I get transferred from city to city and I move with my things packed
I have a mustache and a beard which cover my jaws
I don't really like what I see in the mirror. I have my flaws.
I don't sit on a park bench alone, people may think I am a Moron
I get drunk in pubs and dream of becoming a liquor baron
I cover myself in plastic when it rains to protect my cloths which are precious
I often rush from college to meet my girlfriend before she can get ferocious
I stay late nights and just watch MTV or channel V
I have friends who are too busy as they drive around in their SUV.


I grew up, that's what happened!!
Shit happens!!

1 comment:

abhi said...

che hw do v hope tat v cld alwys be kids widout growing up at al...!!!!
nice lo..brings back sum cherised moments....!!