Tuesday, July 29, 2008

You have recieved a Testimonial!!

Long time no see huh??
Yeah I was buzy!!
No pervs I wasn't getting laid, I had been to Manglore. I'll soon put up the snaps if you're interested but its just full of FOOD, FOOD and more FOOD, because that's all we did there. Eat!!
Anways this post is not about Food or Manglore, but something different!



Now I do Orkuting and Facebooking a lot. And I know if you're reading this, even you do that!!
And you must have noticed the different types of Testimonials that people send to each other on Orkut.
On one hand you have,
Guys who hardly write testimonials . Some do write, but only to their close buddies .And even if they do, they find it extremely tough to bring out words, describing their ‘chaddi dosts’. Its just not in our DNA I guess. Or may be the stuffs that guys know about each other are too 'taboo' to be on their Orkut profile where they are either too cool, smart and a Casanova or a nerdy, decent guy. No guy can be a stupid blonde you know!
And with great difficulty when we do come up with something nice and sweet its mostly wrapped up in less than 2 or 3 lines. So we resort to those 'ready made testimonials' of "UROCK" and those guy holding a guitar images made of letters though the guy has never played a guitar in his life or the ones with a bike doing wheeling but sadly the guy in question doesn't even own a damn bike. But thats guys for you. Poor creatures we are.
On the other hand are the girls.
I have never seen a girl's profile on Orkut without a testimonial.
They get one almost every other week and sometimes multiple testimonials from a single 'friend', without making it look odd!!
They get tons of testimonials from 'guy friends' and with that those long emotional testimonials from the 'CLOSEST' or the 'BESTEST' friends of theirs.
These testimonials are not much help in knowing the person better because almost all the girls happen to be very sweet, chweet, chweetheart and yeah! Honey and baby etc .They 'luv' each other a lot. And they always get "mmmuahhh"!!
No guy would ever do that now, would he? You 'Muah' your close friend, and he would probably think you're drunk or worse turned gay!
These testimonials are seriously gender biased . No girl ever sends me a testimonial containing lines like "You are a sweetheart", "love u honey" "mmuahh baby" "you're naughty and playful". And neither do Guys and even if any guy indeed sends it, I would be obviously reject it!! Duh!

Sigh!!

Its worse for guys like me, who according to all girls 'is very shy' in real world and all they know is I happen to talk like hell on "GTalk" or "yahoo" and so they hardly write any testimonials to me, and when they do, they accompany with it some sort of " statutory warning" about me being active or talkative only virtually, which only reaffirms the doubts of other girls and thus ruining my "many chances"(could be anything )

So guys write some sane testimonials making me look as the greatest earthling ever and girls, I know you 'luv' me because I am an extremely chweet and a chweetheart so don't be shy go ahead and ‘muah’ me loads !!! Luv u baby!!! :)

1 comment:

sahana said...

does this blog deserve a comment?? lol..:D